17 May, 2017

Kites

"Isn't it a beautiful day outside?
Oh what have you been today
You are- a chair that spins
Just where it stands
For days, weeks,months
Like this."
A chapter of stagnation.
Last year on my way to the hills
I met an old man, wise and bright
He commanded,"I follow the streams,
You journey to mountains!"
"I settle , you carry on!!"
Age and youth??
A shallow contemplation.
Then,I asked,
"Why you follow streams,but?"
Loosening the thin line in between
Stupidity and curiosity. 
He laughed,paused - then smiled.
"Because eventually everything settles.Be there,
In the mountains, and come to follow the streams.
Never settle in a place for forever!"
Oh what have you been today
You are - not a chair anymore
Are you?
A chapter of happiness.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search In This Blog